RNS-E Navigation Plus Sat Nav System
(Audi A3 Version Shown)
RNS-E is the name given to Audi's and Lamborghini's Navigation Plus satellite system. Although the shape of the unit differs, the unit is in fact exactly the same in terms of functionality across the A3, A4, A6, TT & Lamborghini Gallardo range of cars (within specific model years). The one shown above is specifically for an Audi A3 MY 2004 onwards.
- DVD based sat nav unit (NOTE: will not play DVD movies)
- Two SD card readers built-in for MP3 music files. Card readers are hidden behind the flip down screen
- Position sensing via ABS of both rear wheels
- Acoustic driving instructions
- Optical pictograms in the on-board computer display monitor (Full-size DIS only)
- Adjustable radio loudspeaker volume control for the output of driving recommendations
- Selectable menu language: German, English, Dutch, Italian, French, Spanish
- Selectable road map orientation
- Guidance to destination "turn by turn"
- Evaluation of TP and TA
- TMC - Traffic Message Channel
- POI - Points Of Interest such as petrol stations, airports, train stations, car parks, theaters, shopping centres, cash machines etc etc...).
- RDS/EON VHF (stereo), MW* TP, TA
- 2 x 6 memory presets (TP, FM, AM, on memory levels 1 and 2)
- Radio and memory scan
- 20W x 4 output power
For a copy of the RNS-E instruction manual in PDF format (4Mb), please click here.